Created in 1985 by Idaho local governments searching for a stable, homegrown source of property and casualty insurance and risk management services, Idaho Counties Risk Management Program (ICRMP) has evolved into one of the best examples of interlocal government collaboration in the Gem State. Today, the member-owned insurance pool provides resources to more than 950 counties, cities, schools and special purpose districts in Idaho.
As part of their commitment to continually improve service for their members, ICRMP’s leadership team recognized the need to refresh their brand identity to more accurately reflect who the organization is today and the resources they provide to meet members’ needs. Additionally, the team sought to develop a new website to improve user experience and refresh messaging for members needing quick, easy access to information and training.
Looking for a strategic partner with the experience and capacity to guide them through rebranding, messaging and website development, all in one shop, ICRMP turned to Red Sky.
Knowing the ICRMP logo was created more than 30 years ago in the absence of a brand platform (the foundation that supports all brand identity and communication decisions thereafter), we kicked off the project with a brand audit to learn how ICRMP currently positions themselves and how they are perceived by their members and staff. Having had the fortune of conducting interviews with ICRMP members and staff for a previous project, we were able to mine through the interviews to uncover common themes for developing the key brand components:
- Values: Homegrown, Responsive, Knowledgeable & Collaborative
- Positioning: Providing stable and cost-effective risk management along with expert knowledge is expected in our industry, but we strive for a deeper connection with our members. We build authentic, collaborative relationships, where counsel and training lead our proactive, homegrown approach to solve any issues our members face.
- Personality: Approachable, Smart, Invested, Genuine
- Promise: No matter the issue facing our members, we strive to provide stability and supportive resources — and peace of mind — to guide you through any situation, big or small.
With the brand platform solidified, we proceeded with creative development of a refreshed logo and tagline that ICRMP wanted to feel authentic for its members while reflecting the organization’s Idaho roots and focus and conveying the stability and trust they provide.
Simultaneous to creating the refreshed brand identity, we embarked on the discovery phase of the new website project to maximize the development timeline. Knowing that the new site must serve as the hub for information, resources and training for ICRMP’s current and prospective members while also being simple for the client team to edit content, we kicked the project off with a comprehensive questionnaire and follow-up meeting to identify areas where content could be consolidated, removed or added.
This critical information-gathering step helped:
- determine total page count
- formulate a streamlined site map
- by providing a framework for developing concepts for the look and feel of the new site
- guide programming and content-development efforts
A happy client, ICRMP appreciates having a refreshed brand and website that accurately demonstrates their values and commitment to their members in a more modern, visually appealing style that still holds true to the organization’s roots. The client reports the new website has helped to alleviate confusion for members (and reduce the overall number of phone and email inquiries requiring staff responses) trying to submit claims, as well as access training and sample policies. Further, ICRMP notes they have maintained their 99% member-retention rate throughout the new brand and website rollouts, which was one of their key goals.